Thursday, December 23, 2004

Now this is scary...the reason why I pray!

First of all, it's 6:15pm on Thursday, the eve of Christmas Eve and I'm still at work. I mean I am writing this blog, so I'm not working but nonetheless I should not be here! Can we say, "NO LIFE?!"....uh...yeah!....NO LIFE! Anyway, something pressing has managed to grasp my attention in a not so positive way! So I've been working on a new blog to see my VOTED 2004 shirts and I came across the most disgusting, vile, wordly sick story. I wouldn't normally post this type of thing on my site but I feel it duty to call all of us who pray to action because this stuff is real! I don't necessarily urge you to read but I'll just comment on the state of our country. So this girl Staff Assistant in the White House (This all occured a year ago), was sleeping with multiple men-young, old, married, interns, etc. and writing about it on her site. I mean she was simply writing about her daily activities as most of us bloggers do, but all of her activities-nights and days, involved having sex or performing some self-disrespecting act with someone. White House agents searched to find the perpetrating author and once they did, fired her. (Read this for more commentary.) So this young ho (24 years at the time) found it doable to continue her sex-capades with old, married and or rich men just to subsidize her $25k salary. I mean don't get me wrong, it is indeed difficult to live on that, but in college we all lived in far less....SO THAT'S NOT AN EXCUSE! The most abominable part is that I'm sure this happens all of the time. I mean that is how you move up on the Hill right? (Disclaimer: This is a rhetorical question. Not a comment on my beliefs about the US Government). I mean haven't we gone through this before with....a blue dress...and some white film? The girl refers to the the rampancy of such behavior in her blog:

"If you investigated every Staff Ass on the Hill, I am sure you would find out
some freaky shit. No way can anybody live on such a low salary. I am convinced
that the Congressional offices are full of dealers and hos."
And if this happened a year ago, there's not telling what's going on now. Well nevermind, we can see it! So anyway, Children of God, IT REALLY IS TIME TO PRAY! We need to pray for the state of our country, the state of our world, the state of American morality....the morality of the world for that matter! We can't go on blowing such sickness off as "comical" or "just the way it is"! Something's gotta give...and it won't be be GOD!
13“No servant can serve two masters. Either he will hate the one and love the other, or he will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve both God and Money.”
~Luke 16:13 (NIV)
So Let's pray people. This story is a warning for all those who are going to be working on this Hill or in general. Everything has a price! So remember...
36What good is it for a man to gain the whole world, yet forfeit his soul? 37Or what can a man give in exchange for his soul?
~Mark 8:36-37
This is a call to action!
~Jazz

No comments: