Thursday, September 30, 2004

Amazed, Thankful....and not frontin' (even if I risk embarrassment)

I'm amazed a completely inspired by the new realm of reading/entertainment/news that I've to which I've recently become privy. This thing called "blogging" is utterly amazing. 6 years ago, I learned enough html to make a very basic webpage that held my homework assignments for a design class that I took. I could never quite progress past my very crue attempt at what had become "the only way": having a webpage to boast of accomplishments. hobbies, photos etc. I just said to myself (and probably others) last week, that I really need to get a webpage. God must have been listening. Not that this is yet a true webpage, given that I'm at the mercy of the Blogger template, but at least it's a start, I have somewhere to get my thoughts out and I can (with a lot of work) post my pictures...which is all I really wanted to do anyway.
So to the point: I search Seaspot.com like a fiend, in attempts to activate my life when one day I ran across a post from
Ambra Nykol, a truly talented sis who speaks her mind and is quite a prolific writer. I can't find her original post about being a Black conservative but when I do I'll let you know. Anyway, so I had to find out who she was and if people who thought and spoke like this really live in Seattle/Tacoma....they do. This sis is too much. So check out her site www.nykola.com. I tapped into some other links on her site and saw that everyone was using this Blogger. So I figured, "Hey, lemme try!!!" So, here I am with a site that I really don't know how to work or format, but I'm forever indebted (well at least for a minute) to Ambra for being "Young, Black and Gifted" and having a site that I could easily copy ;)!
Thanks!....I'm sure she thinks I'm crazy as still don't know her but write her often as if she's my best friend. (That's the risk I was talking about ;)!

~Peace...gotta go to class!

No comments: