Wednesday, November 09, 2005

A note on taxes...

We all need to know more about tax structures. So here's a quick read for us lay people.

Progressive & Regressive taxes/taxation explained.
Progressive & Regressive taxes describe the tax table, not a political opinion. It's like a mathematical function. Most often these are called progressive or regressive tax tables or taxes. In a progressive tax, the more you earn, the higher your tax rate.In a regressive tax, the less you earn, the higher your tax rate.
Sound confusing? Read more here...

1 comment:

Lawrenorder said...

Now here's something about taxes that makes no sense to me... WHY am I giving "you" money to bleed red on account of you can't manage your money. I can't do that.. the second I "bleed" I have NO doubt my bank wouldn't hesistate to close my account and suggest I go elsewhere for funds. I know it's got nothing to do with the article, it's just something to think about.